- 3 Credits -
3 Semester Credits
PD credits for re-certification and
This course examines new brain learning research findings and how they work with psychology. It looks at brain mapping, environment and genetic effects. How the brain goes through a variety of changes during adolescence is explained. The use of technology, computers, cell phones and other devices has changed how the brain is programmed and how adolescents in today’s society have changed. Strategies for engaging student in learning are presented to assist teachers and school administrators to improve academic performance. Educators will research the topic of teen brain and social development write and application essay or a project activity for implementation.
3 Semester Graduate Credits
Engaging Teens and Tweens
- 3 Graduate Credits -
- Educators will review the new findings in brain research that explain how the brain learns, make new connections and how our thinking is changed through brain plasticity.
- Participants will be presented with the various changes that the brain makes during adolescence and explore how technology and the media have changed how the brain functions with the new generations of students.
- Educators will learn about making material meaningful, how emotions affect the brain and learning as well as how stress affects the brain and body.
- Participants will explore techniques for managing student psychological states in order to engage them in learning and help them to recall and apply knowledge.
- Educators will research this topic as it applies to student choices regarding drugs, promiscuity, and alcohol as well as to their broader decision-making abilities.
3 Semester Credits (post-baccalaureate professional development credit)
Joseph C’de Baca MaEd.
University Transcript: Click Here For Details
Engaging Teens and Tweens
What Others Are Saying About This Course
“I hope someday we can meet! You crack me up!! You seem like the kind of professor I would enjoy having a class with!Thanks for all your kind words! Have a wonderful weekend! I plan on working on working on some ideas this weekend for the next week of classes!“ SSL Certificates
“thank you!I enjoyed taking your courses and I am sending many fellow teachers your site to take additional courses! I wish I could have gotten started with your courses soon, I felt they were much more applicable to teachers.Have a great summer!“ SSL Certificates
“Thank you very much for getting back to me so quickly! I just have one more question. Is there any way I can get an electronic copy of my receipt for these two courses? Thank you so much for your time. I’ll be sure to let more of my colleagues know about the wonderful opportunities you present to educators for continuing education!“ SSL Certificates