“I LOVED the Assertive Discipline text and have already begun to implement many of the aspects – behavior narration, 100% compliance-100% of the time- into my classroom”
- 3 Credits -
3 Semester Credits
PD credits for re-certification and
- accredited nationwide
- start any time
- up to 5 months to complete
- independent study
- all course materials included with course tuition
- view FAQ
This course will present traditional discipline strategies for classroom management in a proactive and assertive form. The myths that blame teachers for student misconduct are exposed in an age of misapplied self-esteem and increasing safety concerns. Educators learn to maintain a structured and supportive learning environment at all times with discipline plans from the books resources. Applying consequences along with positive recognition are outlined. Discover traditional classroom-proven practices that reduce teacher distractions so educators can focus on instruction and students learning.
Teacher feedback about this course
3 Semester Graduate Credits
- 3 Graduate Credits -
- Educators will learn how assertive discipline approaches assists and supports teacher rights, authority and responsibilities.
- Teachers will examine myths and misinformation that often unjustifiably blame teachers for issues beyond their control or authority.
- Educators will be presented with numerous discipline plans and behavior modification strategies for implementation into the classroom environment.
- Students will be able to use the specific directives, implementing consequences and on-task behavior strategies for classroom management.
- Teachers will develop a discipline plan or classroom management activity that utilizes positive recognition along with limits, structure and respect for authority.
3 Semester Credits (post-baccalaureate professional development credit)
Joseph C’de Baca MaEd.
University Transcript: Click Here For Details
What Others Are Saying About This Course
Kimberly W. – PA –
Melissa W. – PA –
“Thank you so very much! I’m really looking forward to taking these courses! Have a wonderful day, and again, thank you for your help! I have attached the PDF to this email. I hope that’s acceptable!”
David M. – FL –
“Here are my course evaluation and my completed registration form PDF. In the registration form I checked the “summer” course box; I hope that’s the correct box.“
Dale L. – SC –
Kelly H. – PA –
Lindsay D. – CO –
“Thank you so much! I really got a lot out of both courses!“